WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
The (Sr.) Supply Planner will:
- Develop and implement a strategy to optimize site inventory levels, inventory turns, and product sourcing.
- Develop and maintain a 24-month Production Plan that provides the Operations Management team with an achievable and efficient plan while meeting customer service levels and balancing cost.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Salt Group’s supply chain.
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The goal of the Supply Planner is to prepare the location/material level production plans, utilizing the demand plan, capacity constraints, labor/material/design constraints, location capabilities/storage, and costs per required planning cadence. This role has high visibility and impact within the organization, which opens up future career pathing options for those successful within the position.
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
Plan & Monitor
- Monitor and revise production needs to maximize customer service levels while minimizing risk for excess inventory and added cost.
- Utilize the Production Planning Process to develop a production plan for designated production facilities (which could include contracted co-packers) that achieves or exceeds the Supply Chain Goals per required planning cadence.
- Schedule transportation planning and review sessions with the Logistics Team to discuss standard sourcing equipment needs, alternate sourcing, and upcoming promotions.
- Assist Operations Management team in developing case budgets, re-forecasts and operations strategies.
Cross Functional Management
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Operations Management in times of constrained capacity to develop priorities and action plans in order to fulfill customer needs.
- Lead / participate in cross functional projects such as Packaging Changes, New Product launches, Seasonal Event Planning, etc. to develop, manage and communicate a timeline and supply plan.
Systems & Reporting
- Maintain / update key system fields, parameters and modifiers that impact the planning process and projected supplier output.
- Compile and communicate management reports detailing issues, results and opportunities in the co-packer supplier area.
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with concentration within Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or an equivalent functional area.
- Minimum of four years of corporate or manufacturing supply planning and or Supply Chain experience in a related industry.
- Strong understanding of supply chain dynamics (such as knowledge of key supply chain and inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with ERP Supply Chain Planning software, SAP APO strongly preferred.
- APICS or other Supply Chain / Logistics Certification preferred but not required.
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate over the past year
Brian Hulett - Hiring Lead
Director of Supply Chain Planning
Supply Chain Analytics Lead
Supply Chain Planning Capability Manager
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites