WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
The role is based in Chicago (Headquarters). This role...
Supports a wide range of diverse and complex issues. Every day brings new opportunities and challenges.
Works with many aspects of the business and influences the path forward. Works with receiving of raw materials, operators, finished products and management. Acts as neutral party in helping to resolve issues.
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The primary objective of the Supplier/Packaging Quality Engineer is to drive continuous improvement by reducing risk and complaint volume with underperforming and business critical raw material and service suppliers.
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
Collaborate, Analyze & Improve
- Communicate quality improvement plans, expectations and requirements to underperforming or at risk
- Drive corrective actions or other continuous improvement efforts with suppliers to reduce risk or close gaps in
compliance to Morton quality and food safety requirements
- Travel to internal manufacturing sites and Supplier sites to assist in corrective action identification,
implementation and verification
- Collaborate and Support External Quality Manager and Consumer Affairs Manager in the resolution of quality
incidents with 3PL warehouses, stockpiles, transportation partners and consumers as required
- Collaborate with company packaging engineer to identify packaging related issues during the complaint process
- Assist in the process of identifying trends, establishing thresholds and requirements for Supplier Corrective
Action Reports, and drive long term corrective and preventive actions
- Measure and evaluate supplier performance against established KPIs to identify and drive improvement
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- BS/BA in Engineering or related field (MBA a plus)
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in quality assurance, quality engineering, or continuous improvement within the
Food, Pharmaceutical, or Agricultural industry.
Strong working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP / Food Safety plans, GFSI and ISO
auditing schemes, FDA and CFIA regulations (including Preventive Control for Human and Animal Food, Foreign
Supplier Verification, Sanitary Transportation), and regulations regarding the production of Active Pharmaceutical
Demonstrated experience in implementing six-sigma, CQE or other continuous improvement tools to
improve quality performance with external partners.
Demonstrate experience working with packaging materials and understanding of metrics that will provide
sustainable results across a network of facilities.
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate over the past year
Mark Reynolds - Hiring Manger
Customer Quality Lead
Details on Mark
Worked at Morton since 2009 in Quality at the Silver Springs site and now at the corporate level.
Degree is in Physics
Management Philosophy – “I’m here to help and provide direction – You are the owner of your area and process”
Enjoy and participate in nearly everything outdoors year round.
Head of Quality and R&D (Americas)
Regulatory & Compliance Lead
Sr. Corporate Food Safety & Quality Manager
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites