WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
The Brand Management team is based in Morton's Headquarters in downtown Chicago
- Morton offers a diversity of branded products that span food/culinary, pet feed, ice melt, water softening, etc
- The team has a history of recognizing and promoting talent from within
- Division leaders are relying on the Marketing team to innovate/execute around product development and channels
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The Senior Associate Brand Manager combines the needs for both general management and traditional marketing. In this role the person will support the P&L and brand needs within Morton’s portfolio of products.
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
Business Strategy & Execution
- Establishing and gaining alignment from the Consumer and Industrial Leadership Team on strategies and plans to improve profitability and achieve desired business and market objectives for this nearly $200MM+ Net Sales business;
- Utilize syndicated data, and competitive intelligence to assess market opportunities; and
- Use quantitative and qualitative research to vet new product ideas, packaging, pricing, and positioning strategies.
- Identify market opportunities and risks, quantify/estimate P&L impact, and justify investments required to support future business growth; and
- Closely monitor and identify changes in market, customer and competitor trends with the potential for impacting current and future business performance.
Innovation and Product Portfolio Management
- Oversee all stages of sustaining innovation projects – from idea generation through commercialization;
- Use customer and consumer/end-user insights to drive business and brand activity, new products, strategies, and thought leadership;
- Contribute to the brand vision, positioning, promise, goals and strategy; and
- Lead the development of advertising and communication vehicles with agency partners that justify selling price premium.
Pricing Strategy Development, Planning & Performance
- Provide strategic direction and collaborate with the pricing team to develop and optimize pricing architectures, strategies and plans by product lines; and
- Partner with Brand Finance and the Sales Strategy & Planning teams to forecast and track the impact of pricing actions with regards to overall business and financial performance.
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- Bachelor’s degree; 5+ years’ experience with 4+ years’ in consumer marketing;
- Experience with Nielsen and/or IRI strongly preferred; and
- Proven ability to move seamlessly between strategic thinking and actual execution.
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate over the past year
Sr. Director, Marketing
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites