WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
The Senior Sales Analyst will:
- Support U.S. sales and broker execution to achieve plan targets and objectives
- Work closely with Marketing to understand annual objectives and then partner with Sales to activate strategies at the customer level
- Continuously evaluate what is important to the customer and develop solutions that align with annual business objectives
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The goal of a Sr Sales Planning analyst is to transform information into insights and inform key stakeholders throughout each stage of business planning. From strategy to execution, this role will help drive fact-based decision-making throughout the organization. This role will support product introductions through management of New Item Selling story and materials.
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
Strategic Sales Planning
- Initiate the annual planning process working closely with each sales director, direct account manager and support broker partners
- Lead the development and delivery of metrics, analysis and recommendations to support strategic decisions related to sales, products, pricing, and monthly volume forecasts
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, strategic pillars, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Activate Marketing objectives by creating a tactical execution plan and special projects (MAPS, Allocation, etc)
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to understand each unique customer segment, uncover insights from multiple data sources, and translate this into selling tactics that support the annual plan
- Develop and maintain standardized reports to track performance against KPI’s, scorecards, budgets, and forecasts
- Evaluate business trends and communicate actionable recommendations for improvement
- Support the selling process from content creation to customer call; work as the project lead to facilitate and complete customer deliverables
- Present data and insights directly to customers during Sales calls and support the Sales team with follow-ups as needed
- Develop and maintain a standardized selling template updated with annual objectives, key insights, and trend analysis
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum 2+ years of business intelligence, category insights, or business development
- Demonstrates a “bias for action” and a desire to win
- Impacts and influences others to support important initiatives, gain alignment on goals, and act in the best interest of the company
- Works collaboratively and effectively with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Demonstrated strong analytical experience – Expert in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Strong SAP BI/BW skills and experience with other data query systems/ IRI or Nielsen
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate over the past year
Chad Tedrow - Hiring Lead
Senior Sales Planning Manager
Senior Sales Planning Analyst
Sr. Director, Marketing
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites