WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
- The role directly reports to the Director of P2P Operations and Technology.
- As the team is sill being being formed, there is an opportunity to help set the strategy, streamline processes, and optimize working capital of raw materials.
- With visibility to many other internal groups, future career options may exist within the broader supply chain function.
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The Materials Planner is responsible for analyzing, planning, and managing the flow of materials for a defined set of finished goods across the network according to the planned production schedule. The individuals will oversee the supply chain from purchase order to delivery, including order fulfillment, shipping, receiving and inventory management for a defined set of packaging and materials.
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
Analyze & Manage
- Effectively plan materials by placing orders to avoid material shortages while keeping within capacity and receiving constraints and reducing obsolete material.
- Manage planning inventory consistent with best in class practices while supporting the team on areas of opportunity related to cost, order quantities and service.
- Oversee the disposition of obsolete, defective or rejected material.
- Maintain / update key system fields, parameters and modifiers that impact the planning process and projected supplier output.
- Establish reorder point planning and safety stock levels within MRP for packaging and ingredients at Salt Group manufacturing facilities and at co-packer facilities.
Collaborate, Communicate & Improve
- Collaborate with co-manufacturers, plants, procurement and supply planning to ensure material availability for production at the producing and co-manufacturing facilities.
- Escalate vendor performance issues with procurement to ensure best in class service.
- Collaborate with Supply Planning, Operations and Procurement to develop priorities and action plans in order to fulfill customer needs.
- Lead/participate in cross-functional projects such as Packaging Changes, New Product launches, Seasonal Event Planning, etc. to develop, manage and communicate a timeline and materials plan.
- Compile and communicate management reports detailing issues, results and opportunities in the co-packer supplier area.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Salt Group’s supply chain.
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or an equivalent functional area.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in inventory planning
- Strong understanding of supply chain dynamics.
- Working knowledge of Material Management systems such as SAP (MRP) required
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with ERP Supply Chain Planning software.
- Strong computer/systems skills including basic MS Office programs
- Knowledge of key supply chain and inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities as well as attention to detail
- Ability to lead cross-functionally, work in a team environment and collaborate with internal process partners
- Advanced organization and time management skills with ability to manage stress, work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- APICS or other Supply Chain / Logistics Certification encouraged but not required
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate over the past year
Stephanie Skudlarek - Hiring Director
Director - P2P Operations & Technology
Sr. Analyst, P2P Operations
Details on Matt
- Matt works in Rittman, Ohio
- Degree from University of Akron
- Has worked for Morton as Materials Planner, Buyer and Storeroom Manager
- He currently supports PMI planning and ordering
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites