WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
The Marketing, Brand and Insights functions are based in Morton's Headquarters in downtown Chicago
- The Insights Manager will work with Brand leaders and other functional teams to drive actionable insights that drive growth for both Culinary and Non-Culinary products.
- Unlike many CPG environments, this role has direct impact on marketing strategy and processes. While the marketing team is lean, all roles play a critical role in shaping how the platform grows.
- Morton is a category leader, iconic brand, and has relationships across all major retailers, channels, and e-commerce
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The Manager of Consumer Insights will be responsible for leading, developing, executing and socializing market research to support and influence strategic initiatives, new product development, and brand programs for the Morton Salt Consumer and Industrial businesses.
The role reports dirtectly to Brian Bissell and presently does not have any direct reports.
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
DRIVE INSIGHTS THAT LEAD TO GROWTH
- Initiate, design, implement, analyze and interpret research across the Consumer Products, Industrial and Foodservice categories. Organize current and new research/insights into a comprehensive database for the corporation.
- Through qualitative and quantitative research, develop a deeper understanding of consumer behavior toward the brand, product usage, positioning, new concepts, innovation, and advertising/communication.
- Utilize available and new tools of research into consumer and market trends, thereby identifying consumer, shopper, and market insights for the company. Turn data into insights to drive possible new market opportunities, new products, or strategies for the brand / business. Continue to support the basic vision/brand foundations of the organization with needed analytics and insights.
MANAGE INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Select and manage a cross section of outside research companies to deliver the needed consumer insights, attitudes, trends and market data.
- Socialize the information to Sales, Marketing, and R&D for use in driving customer presentations, brand strategies, new product ideas and direction.
- Be a core member of new product development teams, providing the necessary research to support the project/product.
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Market Research. MBA a plus.
- Experience: 8+ years in market research, consumer insights or marketing with a consumer products company and/or an outside research firm.
- Naturally inquisitive around data, consumers, trends and research points.
- Strong project management skills and adherence to timetables. Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects at one time.
- Ability to work and communicate cross functionally to unearth needed insights and plans of action.
- Demonstrated competency in helping to design and analyze research methodologies to address business challenges.
- Strong communication skills to provide management the results of research. (Actionable reporting in writing and in-person presentations).
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate over the past year
Brian Bissell - HIRING LEADER
Sr. Director, Marketing
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites