WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
The Area Sales Manager will develop relationships with existing and new business key stakeholders, and will aim to service the customer needs and any complaints.
- Highly experienced internal team and leadership to help in one's on-boarding, development, and success
- Opportunity to represent the overwhelmingly market-leading brand for de-icing solutions
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for building and strengthening customer relationships on the Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York region. The individual will also be accountable for resolving customer complaints, working to find solutions to any customer issues, and working with other departments harmoniously.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits such as paid time off, insurance package and 401(k) plan.
Travel – up to 25%
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
Strategy, Research & Execution
- Develop and implement commercial strategies while meeting company goals and objectives
- Conduct market research and analysis including the creation of detailed business plans
- Set strategic plan that identifies financial targets and budgets; monitor compliance
- Develop plans for expansion and business development
- Exceed budgeted volume and return benchmarks
- Work tirelessly to build and maintain beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders
- Understand existing customer relationships and their requirements to ensure expectations are being met
- Be willing to take strategic risks, act to acquire new customers
- Analyze and assess business growth models in order to foresee commercial opportunities
Internal Relationships & Reporting
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service, etc.)
- Monitor the performance of commercial activities, reporting results to senior management
In addition to the above, top candidates possess a proven sales track record and the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or General Business, or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years of previous work experience as either a Commercial Sales Manager or a Commercial Sales Representative
- Solid understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Excellent instincts and commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable transportation for occasional travel
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate over the past year
Steve Briggs - Hiring Executive
VP - Sales
Details on Steve
US Army Special Operations Officer
VP Sales North American Salt
President/CEO ROM Corporation
President Titan/Goodyear Tire
President US Salt/SVP Crestwood Supply Chain
Director, Human Resources
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites