WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
Morton is a highly recognized brand with 98% consumer awareness:
- Over 30 facilities in North and South America
- With the recent merger with Kissner, Morton Salt is now the largest salt production company in the world
- Products are used in many industries; food/culinary, pet feed, oil & refinery, chemical manufacturing, healthcare, snow melt, water softening, ...
- Financial rigor, production efficiency, and innovation will help lead the next phase of company growth.
About the Role
The Silver Springs facility is an evaporation mining site. Highlights include:
- Approx. 150 employees - 40 Morton, 100+ union (USW)
- Role manages 5 people (3 technicians, 2 hourly)
- Facility has been part of the Morton network for past 40 years.
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The Quality Manager is Accountable for the quality control and assurance of all materials and products used or manufactured in the Silver Springs, NY Facility. Key responsibilities include: Ensures compliance to company, customer, and regulatory agency quality requirements as well as oversees the implementation of quality policies, quality personnel, and the quality laboratory for all Food, Agricultural, and Chemical Grade sodium chloride products.
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
Ensure Quality and Safety in the Site.
- Accountable for Continuous Improvement in Workplace Safety by Promptly Addressing the Root Causes of OIIs
or Near Misses, Conducting Effective Safety Meetings, Promptly Addressing Safety Concerns Raised by
- Accountable for Quality Policies and Procedures compliance, Quality Programs, Good Manufacturing Practices
and maintains required records for all of these areas as applicable.
- Accountable and responsible for in-process material and finished product quality sampling, inspection, testing, and disposition
- Accountable and responsible for maintaining a Food Safety (FSP) program in accordance with FDA and
- Accountable and responsible for maintaining proper sampling, testing, reporting, and record keeping of various
environmental permits and reports.
Training & Education
- Accountable and responsible for facility quality system and regulatory compliance employee training
- Ensure duties or work instructions are in place and communicated to all staff
involved with the plant’s FSP program and how it applies to product safety, legality, and quality.
- Accountable for Providing Leadership in Support of the Safety Journey and the Company’s Goal of Achieving an
Analysis & Systems
- Accountable and responsible for quality department generation of Cost of Quality reports through Internal
Failure reporting of KPI’s at both the Corporate and Facility Levels which include but are not limited to: Quality
Notification, Non-Conformances, Corrective Action Compliance, Root Cause Analysis, Variances, Quality
Training, Pellet Quality, Housekeeping
- Accountable and responsible for quality department general administration (scheduling, personnel, budget
management, report generation, performance reviews, equipment/supply orders…)
- Accountable and responsible for the coordination of and response to customer, corporate, regulatory and Global
Standard quality audits of the Silver Springs Operations Facility
- Accountable and responsible for Customer Complaint investigation through the Quality Notification System, root
cause analysis, corrective/preventative action, CAPA follow-up, and response
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred in Chemistry)
- Minimum five (5) years of experience operating in a production packaging environment.
- Minimum three (3) years in Quality management in the food or pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of GMPs in the food and pharmaceutical industries
- Style that effectively works with all levels within a manufacturing environment
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate since Kissner Purchase
Sr. Food Safety & Quality Manager
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites